Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2014 Subaru WRX Concept, Discussion Topic
Swift
post Mar 29 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Have Fun & Enjoy the Ride

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,828
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Scaled

Yes, I understand that Toyota and Subaru are working together.
(IMG:http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2014_subaru_wrx_concept_02-0327.jpg)
(IMG:http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/WRX-Concept-03.jpg)
(IMG:http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2013-subaru-wrx-concept_100422998_m.jpg)
(IMG:http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32473956.jpg)
Again, I know Subaru and Toyota are working together, yet, this has way to many visual features of a newer Lexus.
(IMG:http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/01/2014-lexus-is-detroit.jpg)
(IMG:http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/gallery/2014-lexus-is-fully-revealed-in-detroit-photo-gallery_7.jpg)
Subaru, look at yourself.
We went from this:
(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/1997-2000_Subaru_Impreza_RX_sedan_(2011-08-17)_01.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.apex-pac.com/mycar/subaru/img/subaru_wrx.jpg)
to this:
(IMG:http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18iw0mpe76263jpg/original.jpg)
Subaru, as well as other car manufacturers need to return to their roots while they are designing the next generation model for a car. We've seen the big three in the US (Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet) attempt this as well as some European car manufacturers (the first that comes to mind are BMW and Aston Martin). Both the US and Europe received mixed opinions in the end. Yet, unlike the new designs of Japanese cars, Europe and the US still left visual features of their roots. This is the main point I'm trying to reveal. That if a car manufacturer is going to continue a line of sports cars. Then they need to keep the features that made that line of cars famous. Specifically, the visual features of newer generations in this case. This is why I had to point that out using the new generation WRX as an example of what is happening to the visual designs of sports cars in these times.

I believe Subaru needs to slow down and rethink this. Mostly with the visual aspects of newer generations. Because this new generation looks more like it was built more for highway travel, rather than off road performance. I would be afraid of the front bumper ripping off and the whole car bottoming out if I were to drive this off road.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vicent M.
post Mar 29 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #2

リョ~スケ

Member No.: 31,280
Team:
Favourite Style: Both

new cars are just stupid.

+Quote Post
Sir KV
post Mar 29 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #3

I ocasionally pixel

Member No.: 60,032
Team:
Favourite Style: Kuru Kuru

too bad they didnt fit a massive rear spoiler on the trunk.

+Quote Post
Faяaп.
post Mar 29 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Ah ye boy.

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 53,125
Team:
Software Used: Photoshop

If you like the first gen impreza, buy the first gen impreza. The company isn't going to release the same car over and over again.

They need to advance forward, not go back to the 90's

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Mar 29 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #5

ADMINS = FAGS

Member No.: 43,394
Team:

we are thinking of cars like if we still live in 1995
dont be so naiive about all the new cars are ugly comments
people are gay

+Quote Post
Daniel.
post Mar 29 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #6

Custom member title

Member No.: 26,306
Team:

I feel sorry for you guys.

+Quote Post
Henrique.
post Mar 29 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #7

Xenrique - Tuner of the Year '11

Member No.: 49,928
Team:

QUOTE (Vicent M. @ Mar 29 2013, 04:36 PM) *
new cars are just stupid.

I couldn't agree more.

+Quote Post
Sir Marko Polo
post Mar 29 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #8

Competent Tuner

Member No.: 58,683
Team:

Yeah this article is pointless. No single company is going to target the small group wanting something specific, it's not worth their time or their money. Subaru and Toyota working together on the 86/BRZ clearly worked out well for them and is tempting them to work together again.

All cars are going futuristic, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

+Quote Post
Nikola
post Mar 29 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #9

Forum Contributor

Member No.: 60,466
Team:
Favourite Style: N/A

I don't mind the design, as long as it still has a flat four and all wheel drive.

+Quote Post
Swift
post Mar 29 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #10

Team:

QUOTE (Faяaп. @ Mar 29 2013, 04:14 PM) *
If you like the first gen impreza, buy the first gen impreza. The company isn't going to release the same car over and over again.

They need to advance forward, not go back to the 90's

QUOTE (Sir Marko Polo @ Mar 29 2013, 04:24 PM) *
Yeah this article is pointless. No single company is going to target the small group wanting something specific, it's not worth their time or their money. Subaru and Toyota working together on the 86/BRZ clearly worked out well for them and is tempting them to work together again.

All cars are going futuristic, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

You are both pointing out a different topic that is completely irrelevant to this issue. We've been through that discussion before. We know that car manufacturers are not going to make a complete replica just for car enthusiast. That is clearly obvious. So no, I'm not asking Subaru to make replicas of previous generations. If I want a first gen. I'll go out and look for one.

So you two are not getting the point. You're starting to stray off the topic. The point I am trying to get across is that car manufacturers shouldn't forget their roots and completely redesign something to the point you can't tell that it is a WRX (for example) without having to look at the emblem. Or under the hood.
The first thing that came to my mind when I seen a picture of this concept from a distance was that it was a new Lexus. Until I seen the emblem. The point I'm trying to put light on is that Subaru in this case (as well as other Auto manufactures) should leave signature features that make it stand out and respectfully represent the many generations before it (Not just an emblem or similar drivetrain or a specific paint color). This concept doesn't look like it was built with the prestige of those before it. A complete visual redesigned version of the vehicle can make it hard for the average non gear head to understand the true definition of an WRX.

This post has been edited by Swift: Mar 29 2013, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
Faяaп.
post Mar 29 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #11

Ah ye boy.

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 53,125
Team:

Yea that's true for a Lamborghini or something... The impreza has nothing significantly symbolic/iconic on it.

This concept has similar front end to the first gen impreza.

They will probably add the spoiler.. Though that's all it has

It even has the hood scoop! Which is now more like a vent because they have a better hood shape.

+Quote Post
Swift
post Mar 29 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #12

Team:

QUOTE (Faяaп. @ Mar 29 2013, 05:17 PM) *
Yea that's true for a Lamborghini or something... The impreza has nothing significantly symbolic/iconic on it.

This concept has similar front end to the first gen impreza.

Mechanically, I can agree (which is usually good enough for gear heads), yet visually, no. It's too big of a jump in the design, I cant spot out or find WRX in this without having to look at the emblem or technical specifications.

This post has been edited by Swift: Mar 29 2013, 09:22 PM

+Quote Post
Nikola
post Mar 29 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #13

Forum Contributor

Member No.: 60,466
Team:
Favourite Style: N/A

Well this is just a concept so the production version probably isn't going to look like that, it'll just have some design ideas from the concept.
I guess the production version WRX is going to be based off this and that one doesn't really look like a Lexus.

This post has been edited by Nick47: Mar 29 2013, 09:29 PM

+Quote Post
Swift
post Mar 29 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #14

Team:

^
Yep, considering it's a concept, that's what I'm hoping for.

This post has been edited by Swift: Mar 29 2013, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
Sir Marko Polo
post Mar 29 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #15

Competent Tuner

Team:

But the two topics are ABSOLUTELY related. Perhaps not too directly, I can see what you're trying to say, but at the same time, the "iconic" and "roots" you are referring to from the previous generations looked great back in the 90's, but they wouldn't fit today. That's where the whole companies are looking to the future came form.

+Quote Post
Daniel.
post Mar 29 2013, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Custom member title

Member No.: 26,306
Team:

QUOTE (Nick47 @ Mar 29 2013, 10:29 PM) *
Well this is just a concept so the production version probably isn't going to look like that, it'll just have some design ideas from the concept.
I guess the production version WRX is going to be based off this and that one doesn't really look like a Lexus.

They said the WRX is going to be their own line of cars, they won't be based off Imprezas anymore

Also I agree with Faran. The WRX' have nothing iconic beside the blue color and golden wheels.. BMW has the kidney-shaped grilles, Cadillac has the sharp corners, Corvettes have the rear window shape.. But what does a WRX have? What makes a WRX stand out?

I am currently car shopping, and I was considering an older WRX, but seriously look at the pictures. It's a granny car with a giant wing and hood scoop.. Nothing special or iconic about that.

This post has been edited by Daniel.: Mar 29 2013, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post
Swift
post Mar 29 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #17

Team:

QUOTE (Sir Marko Polo @ Mar 29 2013, 06:47 PM) *
But the two topics are ABSOLUTELY related. Perhaps not too directly, I can see what you're trying to say, but at the same time, the "iconic" and "roots" you are referring to from the previous generations looked great back in the 90's, but they wouldn't fit today. That's where the whole companies are looking to the future came form.

It seems like Hollywood stepped in on the designs of cars now a days. Cars don't really look like, well, cars. They look fake. Just misshaped blobs, that need 'special' tools and software to be worked on. I'm worried sometimes that there will be a complete rejection with all in the past in the world of automobiles. Or as my Economy professor pointed out in a lecture that "The day of the shade tree mechanics are gone". Cars are more like fancy looking bic lighters. When one small thing goes wrong, you trash and scrap the whole thing. This is another thing I mean about prestige, iconic and roots. The newer cars seem more like insults to what they are supposed to represent. In other words, we are letting the fashion and tech get to far ahead of us. Yes, they are cool, and can perform well. As I have seen with the GT86/BRZ for example. Which I was against in the beginning. Now I like it.

Hopefully this new gen. WRX will turn out to look and perform well. Not become a plush highway cruiser built for MPG that can barely handle a gravel road.
Has there been any stats on this new generation yet?

+Quote Post
Ben.H
post Mar 30 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #18

Pixel Master

Member No.: 4,088
Team:

>arguing on the internet

it looks rad

+Quote Post
Sir Marko Polo
post Mar 30 2013, 02:51 AM
Post #19

Competent Tuner

Team:

QUOTE (Swift @ Mar 29 2013, 07:32 PM) *
It seems like Hollywood stepped in on the designs of cars now a days. Cars don't really look like, well, cars. They look fake. Just misshaped blobs, that need 'special' tools and software to be worked on. I'm worried sometimes that there will be a complete rejection with all in the past in the world of automobiles. Or as my Economy professor pointed out in a lecture that "The day of the shade tree mechanics are gone". Cars are more like fancy looking bic lighters. When one small thing goes wrong, you trash and scrap the whole thing. This is another thing I mean about prestige, iconic and roots. The newer cars seem more like insults to what they are supposed to represent. In other words, we are letting the fashion and tech get to far ahead of us. Yes, they are cool, and can perform well. As I have seen with the GT86/BRZ for example. Which I was against in the beginning. Now I like it.

Hopefully this new gen. WRX will turn out to look and perform well. Not become a plush highway cruiser built for MPG that can barely handle a gravel road.
Has there been any stats on this new generation yet?

You're going into opinions now. I for one don't think the majority of new cars look bad. I think a lot of them look great.

As for the new technologies and stuff... you can't argue against that. Technology will always be improving.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Mar 30 2013, 03:02 AM
Post #20

ADMINS = FAGS

Member No.: 43,394
Team:

you guys got it worng
the only bad thing is that it will be pigfat, like the brz or the r35 just like every new car

This post has been edited by AndrewGMC: Mar 30 2013, 03:02 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:53 AM