Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Driving stories, yep.
PurePontiacKid
post Mar 23 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #1

I AM MCLOVIN

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,425
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Scaled

So in here, you can share any stories that have happened to you whilst you were driving, be it scary, funny, awesome, pwning, whatever, tell it here!

I'll start with a scary story that happened today:

So I was pickin up some exhaust pieces for my header for my Z, and I was driving my Firebird... On the way home I was pullin up to a stoplight in the middle lane, traffic's all around, and right as I'm about to coast by this Tercel, some new Toyota (like a Camry or Solara or somethin) comes up beside me doing AT LEAST 30mph (not even trying to stop) and PLOWS into the poor Tercel, and promptly pushes it into/under the brand new F-150 in front of it! I got super f**kin scared because I thought the Tercel was going to turn/get pushed into my lane and hit me but luckily that didn't happen, and I lived to tell this tale lol scared the f**k out of me though cuz you have no way to control a situation like that, and makes me scared to drive my 40yr old classic and my 30yr old import anymore lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Mar 23 2010, 01:06 AM
Post #2

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 36,235
Team:
Favourite Style: Both

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII was on I 65 and a school bus was getting into the left lane for the off ramp. I guess he scared the s**t out of the driver in that line directly behind him cause the drvier slamed on his breaks and got plowed into by another car in the rear. luckily both coches swerved off towards the shoulder. I kept driving though cause I was in the farthest right lane.

Doesnt really fit the catagories of "awesome", "ownage"," or funny"

but more of "hey, s**t happens"

+Quote Post
carhartt
post Mar 23 2010, 01:10 AM
Post #3

HARRY

Group: Premium Gold
Member No.: 41,112
Team:
Software Used: Photoshop
Favourite Style: Kuru Kuru

i never had such a situation, luckily...

a bud of me drove 130mph in his v70 on a country raod where only 44mph were allowed, i almost pooped my pants.

another bud fetched me up on our way to school, we drove also on a country raod and he overtook a fiat punto, the problem was there was a truck on the way towards us, he managed to drive between both of them and i also almost pooped my pants.

i drove out of darmstadt at around 4am, we were in a bar and i need to stop at a redlight, a guy walked on the middle of the road and flahes his butt

i saw a girl driving out of a parking spot between 2 cars (there was almost space for a half of an corsa b again) in 25minutes right in front of our school

many small stories, i don't have a really long one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toothygrin.gif)

This post has been edited by carhartt: Mar 23 2010, 01:11 AM

+Quote Post
Angrybooger2
post Mar 23 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #4

Body Damage is Very Cool

Member No.: 22,159
Team:

the other day i was driving and an old man flipped me off cause i was doing like 110 in my best friends lolvo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/xd.gif)

+Quote Post
DMC-12
post Mar 23 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #5

PCAs best bitch

Member No.: 30,132
Team:
Software Used: Other

well, i was coming home on the motorway with my dad, it was when it was snowy earlier this year. the motorway had 3 inches of snow on it. Night time too. It was completely empty, apart from one car that joined the motorway, then the rear end slipped out and it went head first into the barrier on the hard-shoulder, then slid out and went into the central reservation. we stopped to see if they were ok, and they were. We waited with them for the amberlamps to show up then we went on home. It left me with a cool story, bro. But it left them with a smashed up mazda 3

This post has been edited by DMC-12: Mar 23 2010, 01:28 AM

+Quote Post
J.red
post Mar 23 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #6

。(◕ ‿ ◕)。

Member No.: 45,331
Team:

First thing that comes to my mine...I wasn't driving for this one, but I was in the passenger seat. My dad and I were towing my camaro down state for a day of drag racing. There was a long line of traffic in front of us and the line stopped kind of suddenly. There was a mazda 3 in front of us that waited until the last possible second to begin braking and when my dad went to hit the brakes, the pedal went to the floor. Being that we were in a GMC sierra and towing a 3500 lb camaro, I thought for sure we were going right through the little mazda 3. But we somehow got completely on the shoulder in time and went flying past about 7 cars before we came to a stop. We pulled into a gas station practically across the road after traffic cleared. He lost the rear brakes completely, but we still towed the rest of the way there using only front brakes.

+Quote Post
Carly.
post Mar 23 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #7

20% cooler

Member No.: 18,330
Team:

I was not driving in this one, but it's still extremely intense.

My dad was trailing behind a Toyota Tacoma that was carrying six boxed microwaves in the bed, securely tied down, going about 75 on the interstate. Suddenly one of the ties just ripped off randomly, releasing two of the microwaves of its grip. They both fell out right in front of us. One slid onto the shoulder, but the other slid out into the middle lane, where people were going about 80. A Ford F-350 was quick enough to get out of the way, but a Silverado behind him couldn't see it until the F-350 was out of the way, and he wasn't even able to hit the brakes. He hit the microwave with such force that there was a loud pop, almost like a gunshot, and metal splintered out all over the road. The Silverado's front bumper got a huge dent, and one of the tires was popped. A few other cars behind him also popped their tires from the debris. It was the most insane thing I have ever witnessed, because I was exactly in the middle of the entire ordeal.

I was driving in this one, technically:
I was racing go karts with my dad and sister at a track one time. They were in a two-seater kart, and I was alone in a single seat one. We both pulled away from the pack quickly, because we were in their newest two. I was ahead of the two-seater because mine weighed only half as much, when we came up to the back of the pack on a steep, curvy, slick hill. Suddenly, the third-place kart, which was about 100 feet ahead of me, lost traction and started sliding. She hit the outside wall and smacked her face on the steering wheel. Apparently delusional from the crash, she just sat still for a few seconds, which was all it took. The kart behind her caught up and tried to squeeze through on the inside of the banked turn, but the now-rolling kart closed in too tight. He hit her at full speed, sending her back to the top where the fifth place kart was coming. Now there were three karts blocking the entire track. The other ten (There are 15 total)piled up behind them. I slammed on my brakes as hard as I could, but still hit the pileup at probably 10 mph. Then came my dad and sister, still going the full speed of around 30, apparently oblivious to what was right in front of them. They hit the brakes hard, but they were already just inches from my kart. I got hit so hard, that the kart in front of me actually slid up the steering wheel shaft of mine and stopped about a foot from my face. The track officials ran over and pulled me out, as well as the driver of the kart on top of me. They got everyone else to get out on their own, and we had to walk off the track. We all got a pass for a free race, except the girl who caused the crash, because the official on the corner who saw it ruled it as human error.

This post has been edited by .ecyrB: Mar 23 2010, 07:48 PM

+Quote Post
Mr.Acura-te
post Mar 24 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #8

Competent Tuner

Member No.: 7,875
Team:

hmm. would have to say

Was out in my dads Sierra 3500 Crew Cab Dually doin some 4WD drifts in the snow hit the curb and ripped the front wheel off. about $3XXX in damage but in the end I learned my lesson. Don't drift your daily or drift were there are curbs around.

Also when things are going way too perfect something is bound to get f**ked up.

+Quote Post
Carly.
post Mar 24 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #9

20% cooler

Team:

QUOTE (Mr.Acura-te @ Mar 24 2010, 12:38 AM) *
hmm. would have to say

Was out in my dads Sierra 3500 Crew Cab Dually doin some 4WD drifts in the snow hit the curb and ripped the front wheel off. about $3XXX in damage but in the end I learned my lesson. Don't drift your daily or drift were there are curbs around.

Also when things are going way too perfect something is bound to get f**ked up.

That reminds me of another! I was following an Escalade through the back roads, when she must have panicked or something and thought my dad and I were stalking her, so she took off at full speed and vanished around a corner. I then heard the most distinctive unknown sound to me, much like a car skidding but deeper and slower. Then we caught up to none other than a three-wheeled Escalade sitting on top of its fourth wheel in the middle of the road.

+Quote Post
CR454
post Mar 24 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #10

May the Ford be with you

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,270
Team:

i hear on the old AWD chevy trucks that if the front driveshaft breaks free it'll swing around thump the underside of the cab then all 4 wheels lock up and you stop.

my dad said it happened to one of y uncles when he was young. and the story came up because his AWD Chevy was starting to make clunking noises because the U joint in the front was starting to wear out.

my family went to montana when i was in the 4th grade, my dad fixed the trailers breaks and we where pulling a couple horses and all our stuff, anyway the breaks where stuck so the truck was literaly dragging the trailer along (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toung.gif) but even so we where still passing cars up the smaller mountains (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toung.gif) ah the beuty of a big block chevy.

then there was the time we where pulling railroad ties home "same truck/trailer actualy" but we overloaded the trialer adn the wheels started smoking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toung.gif) we pulled into a guys driveway to fix it, and get this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) the guy was the one who painted the pinstripes on the trucks sides (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

and then we also fell off the road and into a ditch with that truck, it wsa ice and we plowed into a snowbank (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toung.gif) thankfuly that was there or we would have been in a lake.

and then some of our neighbors where driving a truck and trailer "pickup" and they did the same thing but in a different spot anyway they drove in and part of the way out because of the momentum, but when we pulled them out all the way their trucks frame was bent so only3 wheels where touching the ground.

+Quote Post
kangae
post Mar 25 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #11

Buzzin' Half Dozen

Member No.: 29,699
Team:

One time I was on my way back from a local car show on a back road, and some guy in a Dodge ram is flying up behind me, but I'm on a hill in a no passing zone, so I kinda slowed down and pulled over a little to let him go by (he was going around 100, not just 10 over).

So he goes over the hill, and another ram comes up behind me doing about the same thing, so I let him pass too. Then he speeds up as I get over the hill, and the first ram tries to take a turn down a side road real quick but didn't slow down. So he went right off the road but didn't really crash yet, he tried to drive it back onto the main road, but there was a good 10 foot ditch between the field he was in and the road that he just slammed into at what must have been 40 or 50.

So I pull over, turns out this guy was drunk and was running from an accident where he crashed head on with some girl back down the road behind me, and the second ram was chasing him to make sure he didn't get away.

+Quote Post
M.I.V. Design.
post Mar 25 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #12

Biggest WheelWhore of PCA!

Member No.: 16,473
Team:

I think i was 9
I sat in the passengers seat
The driver had this disease, her leg just locked on the gas pedal
We went straight into a house
I was lucky, had my belt on
My kneecap almost popped out, the skin n stuff went off it, still don't know how, probably bounced to the fireextinguisher and the handle scraped it off...
Now i have this huge scar on my knee, scarknee lol

+Quote Post
Carly.
post Mar 25 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #13

20% cooler

Team:

QUOTE (kangae @ Mar 25 2010, 10:58 AM) *
One time I was on my way back from a local car show on a back road, and some guy in a Dodge ram is flying up behind me, but I'm on a hill in a no passing zone, so I kinda slowed down and pulled over a little to let him go by (he was going around 100, not just 10 over).

So he goes over the hill, and another ram comes up behind me doing about the same thing, so I let him pass too. Then he speeds up as I get over the hill, and the first ram tries to take a turn down a side road real quick but didn't slow down. So he went right off the road but didn't really crash yet, he tried to drive it back onto the main road, but there was a good 10 foot ditch between the field he was in and the road that he just slammed into at what must have been 40 or 50.

So I pull over, turns out this guy was drunk and was running from an accident where he crashed head on with some girl back down the road behind me, and the second ram was chasing him to make sure he didn't get away.

You win. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile2.gif)

And that reminds me of something I saw/did, but I wasn't driving or even a passenger.
I was at the mall, walking across the parking lot with my friend back to a second friend's car (He parked in the back just to annoy us). Anyway, we saw this old lady in a Lincoln Towncar sitting with the door open digging around in the glove box for something. Suddenly, this creepy biker-like guy in a Ford Ranger comes over, tries to park next to her, but hits the open door and bends it 180 degrees, so it's now turned entirely around up against the fender. He then tried to back out, but a guy in a Passat noticed the crash and blocked him. He kept going and hit the Passat, and tried to push it to get away. The driver of the Passat and my friend both tried to get the guy out of the truck and take his keys, and I went to find a security guard to help. I got back with one, and he had to use his tazer to subdue the guy, who was apparently high on meth.

+Quote Post
Noodles
post Mar 26 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #14

Tuning Legend

Member No.: 39,088
Team:

i sitting in the passengers seat in my dads car, we wer goin down queen street with the music volume at 25 (pretty loud, because our stereo is one of those ones that gos up to 36) with the windows down, and these chicks wer walking down the street and my dad honked the horn, so embarrasing

+Quote Post
J.red
post Mar 26 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #15

。(◕ ‿ ◕)。

Member No.: 45,331
Team:

This one wasn't really "driving" but it happened to my car last summer...
I was at my part time summer job inside working. When I went on my break I went back into the break room. I was sitting there and a manager ran through the door all out of breath and asked if I was the one who drove the red Honda. I said "yeah, why?"
"Somebody just hit your car"
My gut sunk. As we walked outside, he told me what he saw...he was in his car eating lunch and heard a crunch. He looked back and a GMC Yukon had backed into the front of my car. My manager ran over and wrote down the guy's license plate number and told him not to move or he was calling the cops right away.
I got out there, and my manager kind of just left, leaving it in my hands now. I walked up to the guy and asked what happened. "I think I hit something" (the guy was in his 70's.) I told him he had hit my car and that I was going to have to call the police to get a police report. and he kept saying "I'm sorry young man, i didn't see your car there. Is it bad?"
Long story short, the cop got there, wrote the police report and the old man's insurance wrote me a check for $1400 in the end.
Now pictures:
This one is a quick crappy drawing of how:
My car is the red one, he's the blue. He was trying to back into the spot next to mine(the big arrow), but took the path of the small arrow. And I was parked in the back of the parking lot, he was trying to park in the one spot farther away from any building than my spot. Why? I don't know.
(IMG:http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9094/boomg.png)
and the $1300 worth of damage:
(IMG:http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/282/1000880.jpg)
(IMG:http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4373/1000887i.jpg)

+Quote Post
Victor.
post Mar 28 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #16

PCA's Illegal Immigrant

Member No.: 9,506
Team:

Was in a family road trip.

Early morning through the Arizona desert. We were doing about 90. The road was all alone. The a King sized Ford (King Cab+bed) passed us doing about 150mph+. Also the pick up had a trailor. It had 4 dirt bikes in the bed and 8 in the trailor it was EPIC

+Quote Post
Angrybooger2
post Mar 28 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #17

Body Damage is Very Cool

Member No.: 22,159
Team:

lol that's funny casue my exploder had a limiter at 105 mph.

+Quote Post
kangae
post Mar 28 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #18

Buzzin' Half Dozen

Member No.: 29,699
Team:

QUOTE (Angrybooger2 @ Mar 27 2010, 09:55 PM) *
lol that's funny casue my exploder had a limiter at 105 mph.

Yeah, my Supra will barely crack 150...

+Quote Post
Noodles
post Mar 28 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #19

Tuning Legend

Member No.: 39,088
Team:

lol, yea, my bmx will never crack 50 km/h

+Quote Post
Wolf
post Mar 30 2010, 02:24 AM
Post #20

The Truth Hurts.

Member No.: 4,074
Team:

mine did, i cracked 70k/mh on my bmx bike (on a pretty steep hill), i had a speedo on it

i got pulled over by the cops because i overtook them in a 60 zone. they said they could warn me, but not actually fine me, and to slow down because its unsafe.

yeah i shoulda listened to them because the next day i crashed the bike because a stuntpeg got caught on the guard rail. the front axle was bent beyond salvage, handle bars were ruined, one of the forks had a slight incline towards the wheel and the wheel was severly buckled. me on the other hand landed about 3-4 meters away from the bike, i ripped open my side just above the top of my hip (you could the the bone starting to push through the rip thats how bad it was, my knees were grazed pretty bad, both elbows, my hands and the side of my face had bit of glass in my cheek from where i landed. i was also in a state of shock.

i walked to school, got all bandaged up and stuff, i had to get the bandages changed 3 or 4 times throughout the day. before it was suggested i go to the doctors.

i had an 87 camry wagon and jumped it off a gutter and through a fence at 60k/mh. the car was still running (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toung.gif) so i backed it out, put the indicator back in, made sure nothing was dragging along the ground,picked up the filter for my washer bottle since i split that lol, and drove it home like that.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:03 PM