Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> thoughts about a first car.
Andrew.
post Oct 27 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #21

ADMINS = FAGS

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,394
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Kuru Kuru

QUOTE (Brand0n @ Oct 27 2013, 01:59 PM) *
s12's are so cool

miatas are slow as f**k

we can fix that
we have technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaVZHO9VXdM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Oct 27 2013, 09:54 PM
Post #22

Pixel Master

Member No.: 45,529
Team:
Favourite Style: Scaled

true, get an already swapped miata

proceed to party

with no bitches though, they can't fit

+Quote Post
Doriftoman
post Oct 27 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #23

Sir Roller

Member No.: 26,260
Team:
Software Used: Photoshop

Since I don't really know the US market, my advice would be: Buy something, that runs, drives, is quite well maintained and has almost no damage at all. You wouldn't really want to work much on your first car, as your priorities are probably to drive alot first. Once earning more money etc. you could start up these drift car projects etc.

That doesn't mean you can't buy anything cool. Just don't buy a $5000 range car for $1500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
whitefox
post Oct 29 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #24

Stig's Pixel Cousin

Member No.: 59,423
Team:
Software Used: Other

if you don't have your heart set on any of the cars you mentioned, another good option is a crown vic/grand marquis/lincoln town car. don't let the "grandpa car" jokes fool you, they are seriously good cars. Dirt cheap to buy, insure, and fix, designed to get the s**t beat out of them, and you still get a rear wheel drive car with a very nice v8 engine. I personally have a '94 town car. It's no sports car, but it can do burnouts and the handling is fun in a 70's cop movie way. Plus, its the best road trip vehicle ever, hands down.

This post has been edited by whitefox: Oct 29 2013, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post
vip
post Oct 29 2013, 01:57 AM
Post #25

The guy that no one cares about :|

Member No.: 10,463
Team:
Favourite Style: Both

Celica supra, 280 /260z , ta22 celica , any civic either a hatch or sedan or a old rx-7 (sa22 afaik?)

or just buy anything from your local junk yard normally they have lots of cars that are still drivable

->http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-zx-82-280-zx-5-speed-6-cyl-fuel-injected-l-28-b-114-767-orig-miles-t-tops-/231080240546?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35cd74a5a2&item=231080240546&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This post has been edited by vip: Oct 29 2013, 02:05 AM

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Oct 29 2013, 03:09 AM
Post #26

Pixel Master

Team:

QUOTE (whitefox @ Oct 28 2013, 05:59 PM) *
I personally have a '94 town car.

My dad had one, they are rad.

He had green on money green like this:
(IMG:http://imganuncios.mitula.net/1994_lincoln_town_car_signature_cheyenne_wy_98636098389658519.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.carnewschina.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/lincoln-towncar-china-2-4.jpg)

So gwas.

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Oct 29 2013, 03:09 AM
Post #27

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 36,235
Team:

QUOTE (whitefox @ Oct 28 2013, 06:59 PM) *
if you don't have your heart set on any of the cars you mentioned, another good option is a crown vic/grand marquis/lincoln town car. don't let the "grandpa car" jokes fool you, they are seriously good cars. Dirt cheap to buy, insure, and fix, designed to get the s**t beat out of them, and you still get a rear wheel drive car with a very nice v8 engine. I personally have a '94 town car. It's no sports car, but it can do burnouts and the handling is fun in a 70's cop movie way. Plus, its the best road trip vehicle ever, hands down.

Actually as lame as it is I second this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/xd.gif)

Because the US uses them as cop cars they have an abundance of OEM parts for next to nothing. you could probably build one from the ground up if you really wanted to hunt for the parts. And some some hotrodders like to use chassis and suspension components from the Crowns
plus, you can mate it with a crate Ford V8 for maximum hoonage. #sweg

+Quote Post
Noodles
post Oct 29 2013, 03:58 AM
Post #28

Tuning Legend

Member No.: 39,088
Team:

i didnt even buy my first car

i aint even mad doe

+Quote Post
Daniel.
post Oct 29 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #29

Custom member title

Member No.: 26,306
Team:

QUOTE (whitefox @ Oct 29 2013, 01:59 AM) *

QUOTE (_Kevin_ @ Oct 29 2013, 04:09 AM) *
Actually as lame as it is I second this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/xd.gif)

Because the US uses them as cop cars they have an abundance of OEM parts for next to nothing. you could probably build one from the ground up if you really wanted to hunt for the parts. And some some hotrodders like to use chassis and suspension components from the Crowns
plus, you can mate it with a crate Ford V8 for maximum hoonage. #sweg

this

you could get an ex-police car, I've heard that they have upgraded suspensions and ECU.. Not too sure though, but that's what they say

+Quote Post
Mkid
post Oct 29 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #30

Bow before your leader

Group: Site Owner
Member No.: 14,734
Team:
Software Used: Photoshop
Favourite Style: N/A

It is true, Thats why they have a special police interceptor badge. I think the steelies are also upgraded to be a lot stronger. They are supposed to be able to drive up curbs without getting bent.

+Quote Post
whitefox
post Oct 30 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #31

Stig's Pixel Cousin

Team:

differences in police interceptors depend on year and jurisdiction, but usually there are extreme duty springs and shocks, a heavy duty alternator to handle the extra electronics, dual exhaust (which was eventually standard on all cars) and some engine trickery thats good for a few more horsepower. Although, if you drove a grandpa spec one versus a cop car, you wouldn't be able to tell much difference behind the wheel. All the cop parts can be installed on the standard cars too.

If you want a police interceptor, try to find a detective's car. They have all the same parts as any other cop car, but they see much less abuse. Usually the detective's cars are gray, maroon, or blue and have chrome hubcaps over the steelies. some have spotlights, some don't, and a few of them have chrome grilles instead of the standard black ones.

I'm a bit of a panther platform nerd...

This post has been edited by whitefox: Oct 30 2013, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Oct 30 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #32

ADMINS = FAGS

Member No.: 43,394
Team:

don't get an ex-police car, it will be abused to hell

+Quote Post
Sir Cub
post Oct 30 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #33

Established Member

Member No.: 62,138
Team:

QUOTE (Big Daddy Andy @ Oct 30 2013, 04:22 PM) *
don't get an ex-police car, it will be abused to hell

I agree with Andy^

Also, depends where you get it from. If you get it from an area in California it will have nothing but small rock dings n s**t from the cops racing to dunkin' donuts and doing nothing but f**king with people.

If you get it from somewhere that the cops actually stop criminals and s**t then don't get one from there. Get one from a town full of fat cops who do nothing hence my suggestion on cops in california

+Quote Post
Kyusha
post Oct 31 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #34

(>ლ)

Member No.: 63,697
Team:
Software Used: Gimp

The cops in my city are all nice people and stuff and they keep us safe from the gangsters from the East.

+Quote Post
Oggy
post Oct 31 2013, 02:11 AM
Post #35

Un-retired

Member No.: 58,899
Team:
Software Used: Gimp

Alright dude you need to decide what you really want. Do you want transportation, something to get you around and be reliable? Or do you want a something to have fun in, modify, work on etc.

The police interceptor is a fine choice for transport, but IMO kinda s**tty for a truley 'fun' car. They only come in automatic, are big and heavy, only look good in the sense that they look like cop cars (AKA they look like grandpa's car otherwise).

The miata, even an S13 is cheap & reliable (if you buy the right one), with an infinite amount of aftermarket support. Plus both have really big online communities supporting them. I think it would be a lot more fun going this route (which is why I bought an AE) but I don't know what you are really looking for in a car.

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Oct 31 2013, 04:54 AM
Post #36

Pixel Master

Team:

OP hasn't posted again since the start of the thread, probably hasn't read it cause he's pretty inactive. And he's like 15 so nothing we say really matters.

Just realized how pointless we've all been.

+Quote Post
whitefox
post Oct 31 2013, 06:25 AM
Post #37

Stig's Pixel Cousin

Team:

sorry to keep going about this, but crown vics are definitely fun. Maybe not sporty, but extremely fun to throw around. 5 speed swaps are pretty easy, and the engine loves to be fiddled with. just the other day one broke into the 9s in a 1/4 mile, with a full interior and a/c. just think of it as a modern day muscle car.

But anyways, most people love their first cars, no matter what it is. My first car, a jeep comanche, was a third generation hand me down by the time I got it. it leaked like the titanic, had a rust hole in the bed I could stick my head through, went 0 to 60 in theory, and had a dead spot in the steering the size of rhode island. but i absolutely loved it. i still miss it, and if i find another one i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

+Quote Post
ThirtyTwo.
post Nov 19 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #38

Forum Garbage Can

Member No.: 57,909
Team:

im so sorry for forgetting this topic, and thanks a ton for the advice. and actually, a crown sounds kinda cool.
a miata would be intresting, and yeah a drivers car.
still thinking about a d21.
and yeah, i think a s13 is a bit out of the question.
a friend of mine has a town car. the thing is beat to hell. engine barely starts, the thing pukes like a motherf**ker.

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Nov 19 2013, 03:18 AM
Post #39

Pixel Master

Team:

nissan hardbody

been thinking about getting a pathfinder myself

+Quote Post
EE8Kev
post Nov 19 2013, 03:22 AM
Post #40

#REMEMBERTHEBUSTER

Member No.: 5,980
Team:

Come to me and I'll sell you my ls400 lel.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:52 AM