Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> dm's s13, wait, what??
Sir Cub
post Oct 24 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #101

Established Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,138
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Both

You know, you can build a car from the ground up with a motor in it right? Atleast unless you swap or add some modifications to it damn.

Bye
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Oct 24 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #102

Pixel Master

Member No.: 45,529
Team:
Favourite Style: Scaled

(IMG:http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/PROJEKTxxMURDER/ThisThreadSucks.jpg)

+Quote Post
Daniel.
post Oct 27 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #103

Custom member title

Member No.: 26,306
Team:
Favourite Style: Kuru Kuru

QUOTE (DriftMilitia @ Oct 24 2013, 07:26 PM) *
I'm going to conceive the "wow you got 10k and you got a shell" comments because either they're contextually retarded or trolling, since I fixed the posts regarding the 10k I don't get until I'm 18. Anyways, with the way this thread is going, I'm just going to put a ka24de in it, some big body kit from a low end source, give it a nice fast and the furious paint job, open diff for ricer skids, and walmart hubcap spinners. Bringing my project to this forum was a mistake, you guys only know pixel cars. I'm finishing my last R32 and away I go. Seems I've worn out my welcome. I fail to see how getting a shell for a project because I like cars and then getting a functional car to learn to drive in is retarded. It seems perfectly logical. I've always wanted to build an S13 from the ground up. So I went out and got a shell to make that possible. Now I need to learn to drive. So now I'm going to get an s13/s14 preferably with a sr20 to drive in.I'm going to drift/daily/whatever the bought 240 with the preferable sr20 or maybe even ka24 until this s13 coupe is built. Then the bought 240 becomes a reliable daily, which means no more welded diff in it, and i'm going to vlsd it and build it to go fast, instead of sideways, because it wont be a sideways car, it will be a daily, and my dailys dont need to go sideways. I tried to endure the ultimate troll that is PCA but jesus christ, you guys can't grasp context to properly troll, you can't back me into an argument I can't factually win, you just nit pick and then take something completely out of context. The only people I think are cool are jovi and a few others for the sole fact they dont blow up when a kid with dreams enters the forum. But hey, oh well. Plenty better forums than this one.

TL;DR DriftMilitia is a piece of s**t, as everyone demonstrated in this thread already piling their nonconstructive criticism.

tl;dr

+Quote Post
EE8Kev
post Nov 2 2013, 03:40 AM
Post #104

#REMEMBERTHEBUSTER

Member No.: 5,980
Team:

You cannot begin to even imagine how hard im f**king laughing right now...this mother f**ker doesnt get the jist of it..*facepalm*

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Nov 2 2013, 04:03 AM
Post #105

Pixel Master

Team:

PCA Thread of the Year 2013

Dreat job DM, we made you rage quit

+Quote Post
Kyus
post Nov 3 2013, 06:05 AM
Post #106

Certified Gamer

Member No.: 61,132
Team:
Software Used: Other

Diz dude...

DIZ DUDE...

+Quote Post
J.red
post Nov 3 2013, 07:34 AM
Post #107

。(◕ ‿ ◕)。

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 45,331
Team:

Okay, I've been pretty inactive the past month or two. But if DM is still here, this is my attempt at trying to slap some sense into him.

QUOTE (DriftMilitia @ Oct 23 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Um, frame damage and such. Rust out of the ass in the trunk - it's ready to cave in and probably will need to be tubed. the front core support is bent and such and that has already been addressed. Sure, this car has potential, but it is on the verge of it's last legs. By the time I get to doing stuff, It will be on it's last legs.

If all this is true, this car is not worth putting money into. frame damage is not something you want to mess with. It means that the car will be more difficult to align properly, and it would be unsafe at best in a crash. And don't try to say that you won't crash it, because that's not up to you. Stuff happens on the road that isn't always in your control. The car will never handle quite right of feel quite right going down the road.

The idea of missile cars is that they're cars that have been past their prime. They were once a nice car with a lot of money into them, but then something happened. And then the owner is forced with the decision to either give up on it, or to keep it alive after all the work/money they've put into it. It's not taking something that never really had a prime and is just a run down shell and trying to make it liveable. There's a huge difference between having a lot of money into a car and then having it slip away into a lesser state, or having a car that's already run down and trying to put money into it to make it nice again.

In the end, the way you're going at it is the long, expensive and painful way to go about it. You're going to end up spending way more money than you need. And none of it is worth it unless you're going for a full restore and plan to keep it for a while. Because you're never going to get that money back once it's gone into the car.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that you want to take on a project and do something. You've got spirit. But at 16, you don't really have an idea of what you're getting yourself into. You don't want to sink a bunch of money into a car that is just going to be a constant headache and that's already plagued with problems that are bound to get worse. Buy a decent car with a good body. Learn to drive it. Learn to do the basic things, to maintain it. Spend some time just really learning, because that's the most valuable thing that you can do with a car. Once you've got a good understanding of the car, then it's a good time to start putting more money into it.

You've got to learn to walk before you can run. What you're trying to do here is just skip straight to the cross country meets.

+Quote Post
Henrique.
post Nov 3 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #108

Xenrique - Tuner of the Year '11

Member No.: 49,928
Team:

I make Jred's words my own, but I don't think that he's even reading what he says. Just look at the rest of the thread and how he reacted at people's advices....

+Quote Post
EE8Kev
post Nov 3 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #109

#REMEMBERTHEBUSTER

Member No.: 5,980
Team:

QUOTE (J.red @ Nov 3 2013, 01:34 AM) *
Okay, I've been pretty inactive the past month or two. But if DM is still here, this is my attempt at trying to slap some sense into him.

If all this is true, this car is not worth putting money into. frame damage is not something you want to mess with. It means that the car will be more difficult to align properly, and it would be unsafe at best in a crash. And don't try to say that you won't crash it, because that's not up to you. Stuff happens on the road that isn't always in your control. The car will never handle quite right of feel quite right going down the road.

The idea of missile cars is that they're cars that have been past their prime. They were once a nice car with a lot of money into them, but then something happened. And then the owner is forced with the decision to either give up on it, or to keep it alive after all the work/money they've put into it. It's not taking something that never really had a prime and is just a run down shell and trying to make it liveable. There's a huge difference between having a lot of money into a car and then having it slip away into a lesser state, or having a car that's already run down and trying to put money into it to make it nice again.

In the end, the way you're going at it is the long, expensive and painful way to go about it. You're going to end up spending way more money than you need. And none of it is worth it unless you're going for a full restore and plan to keep it for a while. Because you're never going to get that money back once it's gone into the car.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that you want to take on a project and do something. You've got spirit. But at 16, you don't really have an idea of what you're getting yourself into. You don't want to sink a bunch of money into a car that is just going to be a constant headache and that's already plagued with problems that are bound to get worse. Buy a decent car with a good body. Learn to drive it. Learn to do the basic things, to maintain it. Spend some time just really learning, because that's the most valuable thing that you can do with a car. Once you've got a good understanding of the car, then it's a good time to start putting more money into it.

You've got to learn to walk before you can run. What you're trying to do here is just skip straight to the cross country meets.

QUOTE (Henrique. @ Nov 3 2013, 07:21 AM) *
I make Jred's words my own, but I don't think that he's even reading what he says. Just look at the rest of the thread and how he reacted at people's advices....

Don't even waste your breath, if he wants to learn on his own then hes gonna learn the hard way.

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Nov 3 2013, 11:28 PM
Post #110

Pixel Master

Team:

trade this for a motor scooter

+Quote Post
nhra1625
post Nov 4 2013, 12:47 AM
Post #111

Competent Tuner

Member No.: 56,671
Team:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4169390736.html

it runs and drives.

Do you see what these guys mean?

+Quote Post
Vicent M.
post Nov 6 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #112

リョ~スケ

Member No.: 31,280
Team:

vrum vrum

+Quote Post
J.red
post Nov 6 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #113

。(◕ ‿ ◕)。

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 45,331
Team:

And you wonder why DM didn't take anyone's words as positive when the thread is full of negativity and spam.

Thread closed. If DM wants it reopened he can pm me or anyone else on the staff.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:47 AM