Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> bumping?
asbo
post May 18 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,817
Team:

i got banned cos i "bumped" an old topic ..

i can see anything at all wrong with that i wanna know why i was baned for it
if sumone likes a topic and feels the need to reply then let them ? also .. someone might be lookin for the topic and cant find it so it would be helpin them tbh ?

sad rule ..have a word son
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CR454
post May 18 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #2

May the Ford be with you

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8,270
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Scaled

QUOTE (asbo @ May 17 2009, 08:30 PM) *

if sumone likes a topic and feels the need to reply then let them ? also .. someone might be lookin for the topic and cant find it so it would be helpin them tbh ?

Bumping old typics will bump newer topics away, the original creator of the old topic will likely never be back. and it's just annoying because us staff members have to clean it up. just dont' bump anything older then a month or 2 or on page 1 or top of page 2 depending on how active the specific area is.

+Quote Post
Maddog_256
post May 18 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #3

PCA Margarita

Member No.: 33,289
Team:

QUOTE (asbo @ May 18 2009, 11:30 AM) *

But what if someone was looking for a recent topic?

They would have trouble finding it because there would be all these old topics bumped from the dead.

Its a rule, its written in the rules. Yet you chose to BREAK that rule, and then whinge when you are suffering the consequences?

People don't want to see topics they have seen already, thats why there is a rule about bumping.

If you really really feel the need to discuss something relating to a thread, pm the person instead.

+Quote Post
Helmasaur King
post May 18 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #4

Tau Ceti Worm

Member No.: 23,945
Team:
Software Used: Other
Favourite Style: Both

Very cool, I agree you shouldn't get banned for it, but what's the point of telling some innactive member that you like their pixel car? I'm not saying that you were doing that, but using it as an example, if you feel you really need to tell someone something, it's better to Private message them, for this important reason, they'll be notified. If someone replies to my topic, I won't get an email to this website, BUT, if someone sends me a private message, I'll get an email, and know that someone wants to ask/tell me something. Also, the whole idea on bumping, and howw it's generally not allowed on any forum(aside from a few), is because it confuses people, and clutters up the new posts, no one wants to hear about how you bought a new refrigerator 5 years ago.

I also doubt you'd get banned or suspended for bumping a topic once..you must have bumped more than once, for it to be even really considered warn worthy, if you ask me. I'll start notifying people about their bumping, so this doesn't happen in the future. You probably didn't know, that you bumped, because the moderator/admin didnt tell you.(another example, I'm not saying they didnt)
Re-read the rules over again, just to make sure you don't do anything wrong.

I decided to look at your posts, to see if you did bump several times, and I saw this,
its a forum if i like it .. ill post and tell the OP i like it ..

c***
you got suspended because you called someone a name..so yeah, re-read the rules, and be more careful.

This post has been edited by Helmasaur King: May 18 2009, 01:46 AM

+Quote Post
asbo
post May 18 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #5

Team:

well it says i got banned for bumping not name calling

and im new to the forum anyway so was just chekin out some of the stuff that ppl had done

+Quote Post
Kevin
post May 18 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #6

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 36,235
Team:

thats fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
everyday theres always something new
theres never a need to go back to other topic
inless just to look or refrence
or get parts from.

+Quote Post
Helmasaur King
post May 18 2009, 01:56 AM
Post #7

Tau Ceti Worm

Team:

Being new doesnt give you the right to call someone a c***, nor does being an oold member, or any member.

+Quote Post
asbo
post May 18 2009, 01:58 AM
Post #8

Team:

QUOTE (Helmasaur King @ May 18 2009, 02:56 AM) *
Being new doesnt give you the right to call someone a c***, nor does being an oold member, or any member.

im not sayin it does?

+Quote Post
asbo
post May 18 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #9

Team:

right ... i look at it like this .. say a new music producer wants to make a new tune or sumthing.. but cant think of anything .. hell look at old stuff for inspiration rite?

so say a new member comes on the forum and wants to do a tune .. hell look at what other ppl have done b4 him and improve upon there designs or take ideas from parts of there work, amirite?

+Quote Post
Helmasaur King
post May 18 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #10

Tau Ceti Worm

Team:

so, you're saying, if I look at a pixel car from 2006 I have to comment on it? or it's alright, just because he/she gave me an idea? it's ok to bump a topic when you're new, I've done it before, but you dont need to act out and call someone a name..if you want your warn level to be removed, the only way I know of that you can is to act well.

Just leave it at that, you got suspended for calling someone a name, now try to be good, and maybe it'll be removed.

EDIT: you should really read the rules, or just leave, if you're going to bump topics. it's not ok to bump topics again, and again, because you're new, it's ok, maybe the first or second time, but seriously, I recommend read the rules or leave, you're just going to keep complaining about getting warned, because you cant take 5 minutes out of your time to read something.

This post has been edited by Helmasaur King: May 18 2009, 02:19 AM

+Quote Post
Maddog_256
post May 18 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #11

PCA Margarita

Member No.: 33,289
Team:

QUOTE (asbo @ May 18 2009, 12:03 PM) *
right ... i look at it like this .. say a new music producer wants to make a new tune or sumthing.. but cant think of anything .. hell look at old stuff for inspiration rite?

so say a new member comes on the forum and wants to do a tune .. hell look at what other ppl have done b4 him and improve upon there designs or take ideas from parts of there work, amirite?

Yes thats correct. but the reason there is a rule about bumping, is because NOONE ELSE WANTS TO REREAD OR SIFT THROUGH OLD WORK

So if you must comment a tune, PM the member. Don't clutter up the tunes section with old tunes, making it hard for new tunes to be recognised.

Be courteous and try to avoid calling people names.

And don't break the rules.

In the words of the king of 4chon himself

"Lurk moar newbieies plz kthxbai"

+Quote Post
addict
post May 18 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #12

Forum Contributor

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7,707
Team:

Bumping is a pain. Bumping purely to keep something on the first page in particular.

The general rule of thumb is that unless you're contributing to a thread, don't post. Referencing other people's work and using the search engine to find what you're after is great, we encourage it! But if you're simply posting to say "I like your work" 2 years after the last post, it's not a helpful contribution and as you've found out will be frowned upon.

On the other hand, if someone was having the exact same problem that you're facing and the answer they received doesn't answer your question, feel free to reply in that thread and build it up some more. It's better to have one thread with a whole lot of reference material on the same subject matter than 10 threads doing the exact same thing.

Visit any Skyline or Silvia forum (as an example) - most people who post have the intelligence of a monkey, and search for the words... I dunno... "turbo flutter" You'll find at least 100 threads I'd think and it's the exact same question with the exact same answer.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:25 PM