Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How did you get into cars?
nizmo_bro
post Apr 1 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #1

Forum Contributor

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,377
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Scaled

Share your story about how you got into cars. What was your first favorite car?

Back when I was like 4 or 5, I rode with my uncle for the first time in his CRX. He raced down a couple of open roads, and it left me with a need for speed. I loved cars ever since that day. I loved Hondas, especially the CRX. I always wanted to get one when I was a kid, but I eventually grew out of them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
_RX7 _
post Apr 1 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #2

s**t just got real.

Member No.: 28,644
Team:

i donno actually i cant remember what got me into cars. but for as long as i can remember i have loved them. and i have no clue what my first fav cars were lol i cant remember.

+Quote Post
Guest_Alex (Ghost)_*
post Apr 1 2010, 07:22 AM
Post #3

Guests

Team:

mum brought home the fast and the furious and i watched it with her.... then i watched it again... and again... and again... Thus my car nuttery was born

+Quote Post
Modster91
post Apr 1 2010, 08:20 AM
Post #4

ThirtyFivePixels Leader

Member No.: 18,600
Team:
Favourite Style: Kuru Kuru

Me old man probably lol

+Quote Post
_RX7 _
post Apr 1 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #5

s**t just got real.

Member No.: 28,644
Team:

lol mark fair nuff

+Quote Post
pinkie
post Apr 1 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #6

PT OWNZ JOO

Member No.: 12,371
Team:

Fast fours mags in yr7 I was on love with my99 rexis, r34s and box crx's. Then as I went into college I just wanted a car I didn't care what it was and my dad knew a bloke in our street that had a xf falcon for $900 and he thought I might like it. Little did I know at the time that IDE get hooked LOL

+Quote Post
W. Lundberg
post Apr 1 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #7

BMW Powaaa

Member No.: 51,583
Team:

My dad have always loved cars! When I grew up we had an old racing Alfa Romeo (can't remeber model) that I sitted in all the days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/xd.gif)
Anyways, my dad wanted me to start driving go-kart. So I tested it and started. My favorite car was a 1997 Honda Civic Type-R. Now it's a 2009 BMW M5 E60. My dad love cars so much so my brother's first word was car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/toothygrin.gif)
True story!

This post has been edited by W. Lundberg: Apr 1 2010, 09:57 AM

+Quote Post
Carly.
post Apr 1 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #8

20% cooler

Member No.: 18,330
Team:

I press the button on the key, then grab the handle and pull outward, then go inside.

But for real, I was born into it actually basically. My first toys were a few random little baby things, but one of them was a crudely shaped plastic Volkswagen Beetle. That was the only one I played with. So my parents bought me more toy cars, and next thing I knew they were practically the only thing I had.

+Quote Post
kangae
post Apr 1 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #9

Buzzin' Half Dozen

Member No.: 29,699
Team:

Well oddly enough, it was Gran Turismo for me. I never really cared about cars before that, and of course after playing that for awhile when I was like 10ish I was all about those skylines. I was so terrible, I used to tell people how easy it was to get 1000hp with a skyline no problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
Kubason
post Apr 1 2010, 10:46 AM
Post #10

Don't mind me, just passing by

Member No.: 34,718
Team:

Well...as lots of you guys I think I was playing with little car toys as little kid and then I taught all the marks of them (like Opel, Skoda etc.)...after few years, when I was 6 or 7 I started to being interested about look of the car and in 9 I started to be active in tuning life, the thing wich also helped me was that my two uncles are also real car fans, so...and here I am (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile2.gif)

+Quote Post
J.red
post Apr 1 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #11

。(◕ ‿ ◕)。

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 45,331
Team:
Software Used: Other
Favourite Style: Both

My family.

My Uncle once won the naitional championship in road rally...I don't remember which class exactly and it was a while ago. He raced a Datsun 510 and a toyota tercel, i don't even remember which one he won it with. I use to hear stories about it when i was younger though.

My dad, probably my biggest influence. He's been an auto mechanic for about 30 years now. Growing up, for as long as i can remember he had a Chevy Malibu that he drag raced. I loved that car. He sold it when we moved when I was about 6. He's also had a 1982 Buick Regal that he's had since before i was born and still has to this day.
(IMG:http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3416/2501/33538750010_large.jpg)
And then one day he brought home his pride and joy, his 1972 Chevy Nova, that I watched and helped him rebuild from the ground up. That's when I really started wanting to get more and more into the car scene as time went on.
I helped him go from the bottom part here when he brought it home.
(IMG:http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/3144000-3144999/3144044_35_full.jpg)
to this
(IMG:http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/678/241/26692620208_large.jpg)
And now i'm stuck working on my own projects that i can't pull myself away from.

+Quote Post
PurePontiacKid
post Apr 1 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #12

I AM MCLOVIN

Member No.: 19,425
Team:

I guess I was born into it, I think the first time I went to a drag race was when I was still in the woum (or however the hell you spell that stupid word lol)

+Quote Post
Helmasaur King
post Apr 1 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #13

Tau Ceti Worm

Member No.: 23,945
Team:

Very cool, this website, I don't really care about cars very much, they're fun to draw

+Quote Post
pinkie
post Apr 1 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #14

PT OWNZ JOO

Member No.: 12,371
Team:

QUOTE (Helmasaur King @ Apr 2 2010, 03:22 AM) *
Very cool, this website, I don't really care about cars very much, they're fun to draw

I thought so lol. I don't know how or why. But I've always known you aren't into cars lol

+Quote Post
Hellrazr
post Apr 1 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #15

"Rebel From Canada"

Member No.: 23,429
Team:
Software Used: Gimp

I as well was born in to cars my mom was a race car driver she love old muscle cars she had a 69 Mustang 70 Chevelle and many others. My dad a airplane mechanic with the love of Porsche he owned a 911 944 and a 914. I can remember my mom and dad fighting over who car was better lol and when i was 5 watching my mom racing on a local track and being the only female on the track.

+Quote Post
nizmo_bro
post Apr 1 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #16

Forum Contributor

Member No.: 51,377
Team:

QUOTE (Hellrazr @ Apr 1 2010, 10:13 AM) *
I as well was born in to cars my mom was a race car driver she love old muscle cars she had a 69 Mustang 70 Chevelle and many others. My dad a airplane mechanic with the love of Porsche he owned a 911 944 and a 914. I can remember my mom and dad fighting over who car was better lol and when i was 5 watching my mom racing on a local track and being the only female on the track.

I wish my parents were that cool, lol. My dad likes cars, but he never really had a cool sports car or really showed his interest in cars until I started getting into cars. Then I found out he had a pretty rad old BMW back in the 80s. He wants to get a 69 Camaro now. I can't wait til he decides to go out and get one that we can work on.

+Quote Post
Kevin
post Apr 1 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #17

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Member No.: 36,235
Team:

runs in my blood, all of my family got into cars. I pretty much was born and started tinkiering with cars. I can rember sitting in my moms lap and drving around town when I still in elemntery

This post has been edited by _Kevin_: Apr 1 2010, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
DMC-12
post Apr 1 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #18

PCAs best bitch

Member No.: 30,132
Team:

My whole family has always been into cars, my granddad and uncles have always had classic cars and still do, and my dad was into cars. My favourite car since I was really young was the Mini.

+Quote Post
Victor.
post Apr 1 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #19

PCA's Illegal Immigrant

Member No.: 9,506
Team:

Before reading I could tell the cars make just by the badge.

+Quote Post
M.I.V. Design.
post Apr 1 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #20

Biggest WheelWhore of PCA!

Member No.: 16,473
Team:

as i think all lill kids i started drawing cars when i was 2 lol
but when i got in to tuning? think i was 8, i got a ps2 with NFS underground 2, wanted one of those cars!
some years ago i realized that it wasn't my taste, had more and more interest into vdubs and cleaned cars yay

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 10:54 AM