Pixel Cars
Welcome, Guest.

> Welcome to Pixel Car Art

Register to view rest of the forum Hello and welcome to Pixel Car Art. Like most other online communities you must Register to view the rest of the forum or post in our community. This is a simple, free process that does not require alot of information.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help Topics.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Crediting Issues
Brandon
post Jan 21 2006, 03:18 AM
Post #1

Redneck Anonymous card holder

Group: Members
Member No.: 2
Team:
Software Used: Paint
Favourite Style: Scaled

Ok, Im posting this because I know how newbies hate to read rules. SO, this is the last warning about credits. I have seen alot of posted tunes with no credits and thats unacceptable. I know most of the guys doin it are either QM peeps or just not use to anything other than a RPG. THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN PCL!! YOU MUST HAVE CREDITS ON ANYTHING YOU POST!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

From this point on, you will be suspended, no more warnings. And how long is yet to be decided. But, YOU WILL TAKE A VACATION!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben.
post Jan 21 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #2

Beach Blanket Bongout.

Member No.: 267
Team:
Favourite Style: Kuru Kuru

Yes I have noticed this and those topics are wasting space, I think it should be a LONG vacation, because it's happening way to much.

+Quote Post
DR3W
post Jan 21 2006, 05:04 AM
Post #3

Andy Sapp!

Member No.: 431
Team:
Favourite Style: Both

QUOTE (thebmann451 @ Jan 20 2006, 09:54 PM) *
Yes I have noticed this and those topics are wasting space, I think it should be a LONG vacation, because it's happening way to much.

yes i agree 110%, I see it happen alot and it gets old for people that are geting stollen from and the PCA staff to get on to all of them.

+Quote Post
hynt
post Jan 21 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #4

out

Member No.: 301
Team:
Software Used: Photoshop

ok, i do admit QM has had it's issues in the past, but they can't be the scapegoat for everything. it's not QM people, it's newbies, and just new people in general.

also, the fact that QM is 100% dead since they lost their store, is even more reason to stop blaming a non-existant community.

+Quote Post
Nizzy
post Jan 21 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #5

~VG30DETT~

Member No.: 73
Team:

QUOTE (hynt @ Jan 21 2006, 03:24 AM) *
ok, i do admit QM has had it's issues in the past, but they can't be the scapegoat for everything. it's not QM people, it's newbies, and just new people in general.

also, the fact that QM is 100% dead since they lost their store, is even more reason to stop blaming a non-existant community.

don't be so defensive, besides everyone knows, QM is a very poorly run site, now it's pretty much dead, either way,when it was disabled, a lot of people came from there to here, and hit a wall of differences, QM members were used to no punishment, trust me i've bent the rules there, qm officials did nothing, hell now i'm a mod there. but there are too many people who just don't get that you can't just post a tune up with no credits once so ever and expect C&C, today i saw a scenery posted, no credits at all, he used a scenerty, multible cars.

lets just instead of warn first, give them a week off, if it happens again... give them 27 days, then ban

or skip the 27 days and second time ban...

+Quote Post
Zany_Jim
post Jan 21 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #6

We're not Worthy!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Team:

QUOTE (Nizzy @ Jan 21 2006, 09:03 AM) *
lets just instead of warn first, give them a week off, if it happens again... give them 27 days, then ban

or skip the 27 days and second time ban...

err i do actually want people to be on thee site (IMG:http://www.pixelcarart.com/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Id rather they learn than just get sent away

+Quote Post
bullgod
post Jan 21 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #7

tickle tickle bitch

Member No.: 69
Team:

nizzy jsut took the words straight outta my mind. Cept i think it should be 2 weeks the first offence because this isn't anyhting small. i belive stealing parts, not crediting is the worse offense a pixeler (if tehy steal they are not a pixel artist imo jsut a pixeler) can do. They jsut don't understand so they need 2 weeks to study

+Quote Post
James
post Jan 21 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #8

Kamikaze Powa!

Member No.: 965
Team:

No you need to punish and make it stick. Warns mean nothing. Give me a warn and see if I care. Ban me for a week, THEN see if I care.

There is a huge difference.

+Quote Post
Ben.
post Jan 21 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #9

Beach Blanket Bongout.

Member No.: 267
Team:

QUOTE (bullgod @ Jan 21 2006, 12:44 PM) *
They jsut don't understand so they need 2 weeks to study

Think we should have a "1 2 3 Your out!" Kind of rule here. 1st two weeks, 2nd four weeks, 3 gone!
I agree with James, warns are useless..

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Jan 21 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Team:

@Hynt: Say what you want, but I have talked to some of the people thta have had issues on PCL since QM closed, and its 90% people that came from QM that we have issues with. Yes, SOME are newbies, but MOST are QM people that still dont get how we operate.

@James: I agree, but we use warns as a "I told you and you didnt listen" kinda deal. We actually do have a 1-2-3 your out policy.
1: Warn
2: Suspend
3: Ban

But, Im now bypassing the warn step due to the fact that no one reads rules, and that snot my problem.

+Quote Post
hynt
post Jan 21 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #11

out

Team:

well, i'm sorry if i stick up for what i think is right... (IMG:http://www.pixelcarart.com/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

if you just skip the warning, more people would be banned than you know what to do with. if there isn't even a verbal warning in the topic, how are they going to know what they've done wrong? i know that if you skip that stage too, i would be banned, nizzy would be banned, anthony would be banned, and various other "good members".

if you still don't feel like seeing my point of view, fine, but don't blame me when more than half the community dissapears becauase everyone forgets a credit every once in a while.

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Jan 21 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #12

Team:

QUOTE (hynt @ Jan 21 2006, 05:35 PM) *
well, i'm sorry if i stick up for what i think is right... (IMG:http://www.pixelcarart.com/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

if you just skip the warning, more people would be banned than you know what to do with. if there isn't even a verbal warning in the topic, how are they going to know what they've done wrong? i know that if you skip that stage too, i would be banned, nizzy would be banned, anthony would be banned, and various other "good members".

if you still don't feel like seeing my point of view, fine, but don't blame me when more than half the community dissapears becauase everyone forgets a credit every once in a while.

Come on, Will. Im not a total asshole. I know people really do forget sometimes. This is meant more for the guys that we have to repeatedly tell to credit. I do see your point, and its somewhat right, but not 100%.

+Quote Post
Skyline_BNR34
post Jan 21 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #13

I Hate Stupid People

Member No.: 765
Team:

Why ban the newbies when they didn't know, first give them a warning and a PM, if it isn't fixed within a day or two, suspened them for at least a day and why you did it, PM them about it. Crediting is very important but newbies don't know any better. Tell them to crdit and give thema break for at leasta month or something but for someone who has been tuning for a long time it would be an automatic ban or suspeneion because they know the rules. It woudln't be fair to the newbies just getting banned for theoir first tune because no credits, but for someone with 300 tunes without credits, it is fair then.

+Quote Post
Stickan
post Jan 21 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #14

"Insert dumb quote here"

Member No.: 115
Team:
Software Used: Other

we have a strict list about it... how we do skyline...

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Jan 21 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #15

Team:

Again....I know people sometimes forget or dont know better. Im just crackin down on the people that wont listen after many warnings

+Quote Post
hynt
post Jan 21 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #16

out

Team:

QUOTE (Brandon @ Jan 21 2006, 12:07 PM) *
This is meant more for the guys that we have to repeatedly tell to credit.

nizzy... i think EVERY topic he made at MCF:R had crediting issues...

+Quote Post
Skyline_BNR34
post Jan 21 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #17

I Hate Stupid People

Member No.: 765
Team:

OK Brandon. I thought if someone just forgot and was a first time they would get banned.

+Quote Post
James
post Jan 21 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #18

Kamikaze Powa!

Member No.: 965
Team:

QUOTE (Skyline_BNR34 @ Jan 21 2006, 03:16 PM) *
Why ban the newbies when they didn't know, first give them a warning and a PM, if it isn't fixed within a day or two, suspened them for at least a day and why you did it, PM them about it. Crediting is very important but newbies don't know any better. Tell them to crdit and give thema break for at leasta month or something but for someone who has been tuning for a long time it would be an automatic ban or suspeneion because they know the rules. It woudln't be fair to the newbies just getting banned for theoir first tune because no credits, but for someone with 300 tunes without credits, it is fair then.

One month? I don't care if you are 9 or 45. You only need to be told once to understand how to give credit for something that is not yours. newbies learn how we work, not vice versa.

+Quote Post
Stickan
post Jan 21 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #19

"Insert dumb quote here"

Member No.: 115
Team:
Software Used: Other

And we discuss this why...I think theres enough in here too get a perfectly new forumuser to become a pro on credits now...IMO it dosnt need any more discussion?

+Quote Post
Brandon
post Jan 21 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #20

Team:

QUOTE (James @ Jan 21 2006, 10:52 PM) *
One month? I don't care if you are 9 or 45. You only need to be told once to understand how to give credit for something that is not yours. newbies learn how we work, not vice versa.

Exactly! Thank you James.

This is Closed

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:53 PM